Thursday, March 1, 2012

march resolutions

I have never made New Year's Resolutions before this year.  I internally roll my eyes when someone mentioned a resolution, they just always seem to fail.  But this year, I gave it a go and it has been a very positive experience.  So why stop at New Years resolutions?  They're just goals..... I have decided to keep the momentum going and make monthly 'resolutions'.

I am going to share my health related resolutions for March:

1.) - Start phasing out coffee.  I drink about 2 cups a day and I don't even like the stuff.  I drink it with creamer and a little Stevia.  While some will say coffee poses no harm, it does for me.  I got addicted to it after my son was born and I was up many times a night.  Then I started to NEED it.  If I didn't have it, I would have headaches, etc.  I don't like being dependent on any substances and letting them have that much control.  I am going to cut down slowly, with the ultimate goal to phase it out. 

Coffee is also one of the most heavily pesticide sprayed crops.  I have never thought to buy organic coffee, in fact I buy a coffee named 'Peru'.  Presumably this means it is grown in Peru, a country in South America...... a country where they can use toxic pesticides not approved in the U.S.

Also, have you ever looked at the bottom of your coffee cup after your done drinking?  All that nasty sludge that forms at the bottom of your cup- yeah, that's what I put in my body. Not to mention what it does to one's teeth, skin and breath.  So yes, I can find a study or two that will tout the antioxidant benefits of coffee, but I am confident of kicking this habit will prove to be more helpful than harmful.

2.)  Start taking Yoga class- I signed up yesterday and will be taking a Yoga class on Wednesday nights.  I need help with flexibility and balance and a group activity outside of things I do with my son.  I also discovered the yoga instructor literally lives right behind me.  Maybe we'll hit it off, form a beautiful friendship and meet in the backyard for sun salutations every morning?

3.)  Start dry brushing 3 times a week.  I have been reading about the benefits and even if the detoxification benefits are exaggerated I'll get soft skin out of the deal.

So today was workout 3 again.  Not as bad as the first time, though I do find the plank into crescent pose awkward..... maybe the yoga will help?  Oh, and the cable chest presses.... still painful.


No comments:

Post a Comment