Sunday, April 8, 2012

Phase 3 Eve.....

First off- Happy Easter to your family from mine!  I hope it was a day filled with family, good clean food and warm memories.

And just so you get a better view of this little cutie in his sweater vest-

We had the traditional Easter lunch over at my parents house.  I am not a huge fan of Easter fare so making decent choices was pretty easy for me today.  I had some ham, avocado and tomato salad (delish), and a little bit of bread.  Everyone had strawberry shortcake for dessert and I had some strawberries.  Strawberries are delicious on their own anyway- no need to mucky them up.

So it was a perfect 70 degree day, so we really couldn't resist a bike ride.  We decided to go on a leisurely 10 miler since it is rest day after all.  Well there was a huge head wind, so I worked way harder than I planned to on rest day.

Then of course the dog needed to be walked and a little sweetie had a park he needed to visit- so we went on a little walk and did a lot of playing in the park.

When we got home, we whipped up the Mediterranean Lamb Burgers and Cucumber salad-

This one surprised me- I really thought I would like the lamb burger and be okay with the cucumber salad.  The lamb burger was a little bland- it definitely needs more kick.  The cucumber salad- yes please and Thank you- Ah-mazing!

I don't think I could have had a better rest day!  I am so excited and nervous to start phase 3 tomorrow.  Workout 9!  YESSS!!!  I feel like I am going on a first date every time it's time for a new workout.  Will I like it?  Will the workout like me?  

I heard Jillian say that Phase 3 is hell on earth on her podcast- but when you are done, you'll thank her!  Bring it and beat me like I owe you money AND grind me into a sexy paste!

I am going to go throw some steel cut oats and almond milk in the crock pot.  I can't wait to see what everyone thinks about their new workouts tomorrow!! ;)  Rest up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your son has such a radiant smile! I'm glad you had such a good Easter. I'm super excited to hear about phase 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is so darling!

    I agree with you about the lamb burger. I was a bit disappointed in it as well.

    Congratulations on progessing to Phase 3 AND for fitting into your prepregnancy jeans!

    ReplyDelete