Monday, February 27, 2012

"Comparison is the thief of joy"..... Theodore Roosevelt

I saw this quote today and oh, how it rings true on this fitness journey.  One minute I am so pumped and proud of the progress I am making and then I search the internet and I see people who are doing the same program losing crazy weight or people who think that the workouts are easy, peasy and I wonder what I'm doing wrong?  Why isn't it easy for me?

Which brings me to this morning, my beloved workout one was replaced with workout 3.   In true Jillian fashion she steps it up.  I had previewed the workout and didn't think it would be too bad, but for me it was HARD!  You start right out the gate with military push ups.  I used to bang those out like no problem, but post baby even the modified push ups were difficult.  But I did the push ups- I think I need to work on getting a little lower and a little faster... but I did them!  Then there is a cable chest press, looks easy and straight forward, but OUCH!   Hello- lateral raises while in tree pose?!?!?  Made it through without losing my balance the first time.  Second round through lost my balance a couple of times. 

The self doubt started creeping in today... it's only the 3rd week and I am struggling.  BUT today was only day 1 of this workout, I have 3 more times to perfect it!  I am feeling it already, so that's good.  Looking forward to seeing how I fare with workout 4 tomorrow.

I have mentioned I am not following the meal plan.  OMG, I made the most delicious superfood smoothie this morning.  Jill may not approve, but I feel best when I start my day with some greens.

1 cup spinach
1 cup kale
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup yogurt
1/2 acai smoothie packet
1/2 cup blueberry
1/2 cup blackberry
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Uh..... YUMM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment