Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Floundering

Still here, still working out.  Haven't checked blogs for a couple days, but I am checking up on everyone tomorrow and hope to see good news as some of you are nearing the end. I have had crazy set up to do for my new gig which is super exciting.  As a technology super duper part time consultant I rarely get good subject matter, but this is fun!

So, this week I have started Les Mills pump and it's good. This is a program based on body pump classes and uses a barbell.  It's really FUN and doesn't feel like a chore at all. I think this is really going to be a great program for strength training.  I have definitely been sore in the butt which is where I need it the most.  The program does have yoga and core DVDs as well (both short:)).  I haven't done them yet, but will report when I do. The music is great and there is a strategy around the music chosen.  The reps are timed to the beats of the music- so you do slow reps and fast reps and the beats and reps are synchronized.  The music is very motivating.  My husband has never been interested in my workouts, but he did a workout last night.

So why am I floundering?!?!  The program is weak on cardio.  On cardio days they just say to do a 45 minute walk.  Well I do this pretty much every day anyway with my husband and son.  Cardio is my weakspot and I definitely want to train my weaknesses as well as my strengths.  So I think I am going to develop my own hybrid plan and hybrid Les Mills with Insanity.  There isn't an official hybrid out there, but I have read about people doing this with fantastic results.

I had lunch with a friend the other day and she was talking about Insanity and how she couldn't do it, but really wanted to try another program.  She was talking about P90x and I gave her my feedback.  Hopefully I didn't talk her out of it, but she doesn't think it's for her given her time constraints.  So, we are meeting up again tomorrow and doing an Insanity for Body Revolution swap.  I am so excited for her and want her to succeed.  I made her some of the blueberry/banana muffins to get her going!  Maybe I can convince her to blog?  Once I get my fingers on Insanity I'll develop my own customized plan!  I am hoping this will live up to Body Revolution.  What a fantastic program, we really were spoiled.

I think this new plan is going to work great for me.  I am pretty happy with my tone these days and am feeling pretty solid.  My problem areas are butt and lower abs so I think some Insanity style cardio and good old fashioned eating right will help get me where I want to be.

My friend sent me this picture of us berry picking earlier today and I was shocked at my post body revolution 'guns'.  It just isn't what I see in the mirror (I am the one in the jean skirt and painfully pale legs).

Have a great night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you are going to try Insanity!! I think it will be just the thing to incorporate hard core cardio into your routine. I'm really looking forward to hearing how you like it.

    Nice "guns", by the way!! Woot! Woot! Looking smokin' hot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, lady! Do you have a license for those?

    I have a friend at work (male) who's doing insanity and loves it. He said he'd lend me the dvds so I can give it a look, but I'm not sure about it. Is there any weight training in it at all? That's what I like BR for. I want to keep my arms looking good too.

    ReplyDelete